Pages

Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Good day beautiful:). Today I'll be talking about my skin care routine and all those side bit skin hacks. If you want to know more keep reading.

My skin is a normal-dry skin. Not very oily but at times it gets intensively dry in my cheek areas. I dint have any acne or blemishes until i was 20 or something. I just got married a year and a half back..to my surprise my face was covered with so much acne (red spots later turned into cysts with pus*gross;( ) i had so much to take in,i couldn't identify the reason behind it. Many said it might be due to makeup and stuff,cause that's when i started wearing makeup. I was so depressed..Common it was supposed to be my special day..i did all that i can. Went to the dermatologist..,nothing worked it would go for a few days and it would come back again. I was in so much agony..later i came to a conclusion saying that "this must be the work of those guys who are secretly admiring me". Ok I'm not that brainless! It was the freaking hormones.
Now let me make this clear... Acne can occur regardless of any age. Majorly it's found in teens but it can occur after the 30's as well.

My Acne story:
I had acne covered all over my face legit. In my foreheads,cheeks&chin. I still do get them but nothing crazy like before..Thanking God right there.
I never followed any skin care routine..no moisturizer nothing. Would wash my face twice a day and i was done. Later i came to know the importance of the skin and all the care it needs. You face is so delicate and it's the major thing that's prone to aging and all crappy stuff so hence take good care. It's good to start in the early 20's.


How i got rid of acne:
I prayed about it 1st and then started using homemade remedies..getting to know it from all these neighborhood aunties. It sure did help I'd say.
I'll be listing down few remedies that worked for me below. This might or might not work for you. But before starting anything it's always advisable to do a patch test and then if it dosen't hurt..continue with the whole face.


HOME-MADE REMEDIES:

1. Dried green grams take a handful or more and grind it into powder like completely and store it in an airtight jar. When your about to use it take a tablespoon or more and mix it with water/rosewater/limejuice anything until it turns out to be a paste like consistency,it shouldn't be too watery cause then it wouldn't stick to your face. Lime juice can/cannot suit many skin so please do the patch test before you use it.But lime has the most amazing properties such as skin lightening,tightening the pores and removing tan due to it's citric property.Water/rosewater both are harmless. Rose water is a good natural toner &water is just water!:D. Let this mixture sit for about 15-20mins until it gets dry throughly..then wash it with luke warm water and pat dry then follow it with a moisturizer. If you have really dry skin i suggest you to not allow the mixture to sit until it's completely dry..make the paste a lil bit more liquidy and apply it nd remove it when it's still sticky..dont worry it would have done it's job,by doing this it will not make your skin parched dry but leaving it dirt free without drying and after washing the face follow with a good moisturizer.

2. You need honey,curd/milk,lime juice/water,turmeric. This really dosen't have measurements just get it and mess up. I do a tbsp of curd,tsp of honey,pinch of turmeric and a juice of half a lime if the lime is too small I'd go for a full one.Make into a paste like mixture and apply it evenly all over your face and allow it to sit for 15-20mins this will not leave your face dry..then wash your face with a mild face wash and follow with a moisturizer.Honey has anti-bacterial properties that heal the acne and remove the bacteria and curd/milk will remove tan and leave your face soft,lime as mentioned above and turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that help reduce the size of the bump.
I've tried these remedies personally myself..so I'm suggesting it for you guys. I give options so that if some of these ingredients dosen't suit your skin you can opt for the another..both would give the same results so no worries. Do this twice a week for a month you should be seeing results.

3. I cut slices of lime and apply it directly to the face.

4. Applying a Slice of potato works wonders to in removing tan and lightening skin too.

5. Applying The peel of a banana to the face helps in removing dark spots as well.

Ps: Let me be true to you guys I've never been that patient to try it for a month..cause I'm lazy and i know it but no worries I'm sure this will give 100% results no side effects cause everything is just plain natural.


List of products i use for my skin and my routine:

Morning: Wash my face with the ponds black or the Neutrogena deep clean with normal water and towel dry,after that i apply the ponds 24hr moisturizer.
I do cut pieces of lime or potato and apply it all over my face and wash of after 20-30 mins if I'm not lazy that moment.

Eve:If i feel it i apply sheet masks or face packs once or twice a week. They are


  1. Healing clay mask(amazon)
  2. Sheet masks (from nilgiris)
  3. Vlcc aloe&lemon skin lightening face pack
  4. Clean&clear golden peel off mask


 Night: This is the longest one.After I'm done with all my work and before heading to bed i follow these steps
  1. Cleansing: I cleanse my face using the Neutrogena cleanser using a small cotton ball a single pump is enough to cover  the full face. I deep clean rubbing over and acne to remove excess oil. A sigle rub is enough the more you do you can feel your face burning. Cleansing is an important part when comes to skin care routine as it help remove excess oil and all the clogged dirt you've been holding on all day long,dosen't matter if your out or inside cleaning your skin plays a major role to achieve a better skin. This cleanser is so mild and dosen't majorly have any strong odour so yea suitable for sensitive skin. 

  1.  Scrub/Exfoliation:After cleansing i use my ever trusty Neutrogena scrub to exfoliate my whole face. I mainly concentrate on the black mark areas (under my chin and cheeks) and scrub using my fingers thoroughly for 15-20 secs. Don't scrub too much lest you want ur skin to peels of like a banana. Exfoliation is an essential part as it removes of the dead cells from the skin and help rejuvenate the blood circulation and unclog pores. Scrubbing too much can lead to dryness. I personally love this scrub cause once we are done Scrubbing and washing the face it feels moisturized and not dry. Thumbs-up! Good for all skin types. I do not scrub on a daily basis i do it 3-4 times a week.

  1.  Wash up: After i finished exfoliating ..this step is optional you can directly use a toner after Scrubbing and washing. I use my ponds face wash to clean the area i have black spots on (chin&cheeks) i massage for 10-15 secs and wash it away.

  1.  Moisturizing: After I've done washing my face i pat dry with a soft tissue or you can partially pat dry using a soft face towel. Then i apply my ponds moisturizer or my face serum to my whole face. I do it alternatively. 

  1. Alternate Routine: I do have more bags than Prada under my eyes,so i apply few drops of almond oil under my eye area& on my dark spots (tip: almond oil is great for skin lightening). Then i apply the Garnier wrinkle lift under my eye&forehead(places where i have few fine lines)..i apply it over the almond oil. 


  1. The days i dont scrub i apply my cleanser and after that i apply my Neutrogena toner. Dab some in a cotton pad and smear it all over my face followed by moisturizer and I'm good to go. Toner is effective in removing uneven skin tone and restoring back the suppleness of the skin,leaving it soft and smooth.

*for me personally ..ponds black worked wonders in removing my black spots..i had so many of them and couldn't find a way to get rid of them but later i tried this and boy trust me I was amazed.I was left with an almost clear face after a month. Not sure if it would work for everyone..giving it a try dosen't hurt at all it's mild and dosen't have any strong odour :) try out. After that i pat my face dry with a thin tissue and apply my moisturizer or my face serum then dab on some lip balm and some drops of almond oil for the dark circles and this baby is ready for bed.

HAPPY SKIN CARE!!


Ps: Note I'm mentioning things to lighten skin ..meaning removing tan and restoring back the original skin shade. And please note guys this dint happen overnight or in a month's time,it took around a year for my skin to change.So,dont get disappointed if you dont see the results immediately.Hormones need time to get balanced..stop stressing,give in some time..,let your skin rest things will start happening eventually.

Life Tag: Jeremiah 33:6
"Behold,I will bring health and cure,and i will cure them,and will reveal unto them the abundance of peace and truth".
Jesus fulfills his promises,His words never fail for He is God.When we call upon God in time of distress and sickness,He hears our cry and delivers us from pain and restores us with His strength to overcome everything.So,lets rejoice in the Lord for he hath heard us.



Listed all Neutrogena products below:

1.Neutrogena Cleanser:

2.Neutrogena Fairness Toner:

3.Neutrogena deep clean blackhead scrub:

4.Ponds activated charcoal face wash:

5.Artnaturals face serum:

No comments:

Post a Comment